Taking place on May 20 and 21, aspiring pros and Fortnite enthusiasts from the UK and EU will have the chance to prove their skills in the hopes of taking on top Fortnite talent from across the world live at Edinburgh’s McEwan Hall on the 10th of June.
Here are the key details fans need to know:
- Red Bull Contested Open Qualifiers registrations are now open, offering aspiring pros and Fortnite players a unique opportunity to compete against the best Fortnite talent from around the world.
- EU players can register now at: https://wls.ac/RedBullContestedEUQualifier
- UK players can register now at: https://wls.ac/RedBullContestedEUQualifier
- The UK Open Qualifiers will occur on May 20th, 2023.
- The EU Open Qualifiers will follow on May 21st, 2023.
- UK players are eligible to apply for the UK Open Qualifiers. Please note that any EU applications from UK residents will not be considered.
- The Open Qualifiers will consist of four games for the EU and the UK, each accommodating 100 players. As spots are limited, fans should make sure to secure their place early!
- Standard scoring rules will apply, with placements and eliminations determining your score. The top ten players from both the UK and EU qualifiers will advance to the main competition.
- Qualified players will receive complimentary entry to the tournament and full coverage of accommodation, travel, and meals during the event.
- Taking place on 10th June 2023, the main tournament, Red Bull Contested, is the UK’s first major Fortnite LAN tournament and will welcome the world’s best Fortnite players to McEwan Hall, Edinburgh, to compete in a unique battle royale tournament.
- Confirmed professional players already include Martin “MrSavage” Foss Andersen, Harry “Veno” Pearson, Thomas “Th0masHD” Høxbro Davidsen, Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman and Zachariah “Pinq” Siddall.
- The Red Bull Contested event on June 10 uses a unique solos Fortnite format with the world’s best players battling across eight intense rounds. The final four rounds put an additional high-stakes twist on the traditional points system, with eliminations worth double points, forcing players to implement tactical strategies to stay in the hunt for the crown and incentivising lower-ranked players to play more aggressively, promising fans an unforgettable finale.
- EE is the official Premium Partner for Red Bull Contested, the UK’s biggest and fastest mobile network will bring superfast connections to the event, ensuring that competitors can play at their optimal level.
- noblechairs joins Red Bull Contested as its Official Gaming Chair Partner to provide renowned gaming chairs, ensuring comfort, high quality and ergonomics that will push the boundaries of the tournament.
- Supporting Red Bull Contested as the Official Monitor Partner, Agon by AOC ensures that players can reach their full potential on the stage through exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates.