The best internet connection, a top tuned gaming station and great community. This is the foundation of a good gaming experience and the ingredients in a new, innovative between the telecommunications company 3 and Astralis. It is the first partnership entered on behalf of Astralis Nexus, the two-story 1200 sqm hub for gaming, entertainment and education.
Under the motto “Player 3 has entered the game”, 3 and Astralis Nexus are set to introduce a range of initiatives bringing gamers, their parents, and the community closer together around positive gaming experiences, online and physically.
Jesper Thyssen, Marketing Director at 3:
– We offer what every gamer needs, namely a lightning-fast network with a stable connection. This is the background for our partnership with Astralis Nexus, and it is one of the great strengths in the 5G network we’re currently rolling out in Denmark. We want to take gaming seriously and bring families closer together in a greater understanding of how gaming can provide positive experiences, as well as new friendships and communities. In this connection, Astralis is a fantastic partner as this is how they work, combining gaming and physical activities, says Jesper Thyssen.
Kasper Sindt, Commercial Director of Astralis:
– At Astralis, we have entered into many commercial partnership agreements, but the one with 3 is the first that is based 100% around Astralis Nexus, with the sole focus to create the best gaming experiences for everyone, regardless of age, gender, level or other differences. We see endless opportunities to combine the digital and physical communities, and in the opening weekend next week we will present some of the many new initiatives in Nexus, Kasper Sindt explains.
– For us, it is about delivering a fast and stable 5G network, where there is a real need. This is also the idea behind our stadium partnership we entered with the National Danish football Stadium Parken, where the new network will be elevating the whole stadium experience. Now, we do the same together with one of the largest digital sports brands in the most innovative gaming center, going full circle so to speak, Thyssen comments.
Kasper Sindt follows up:
– In many ways, Astralis is the digital version of traditional sports clubs, with all the added opportunities of being international and digitally native from the get-go. With Nexus, we celebrate esports and our teams, while at the same time, we invite gamers, fans and anyone with just the slightest interest in the gaming world inside to enjoy the facilities, activities and games. We want to do things our way, and here the shared values and the collaboration with 3 provide some very interesting opportunities for both gamers, fans, and commercially for both parties, Sindt concludes.
• Astralis Nexus is Denmark’s newest center for gaming, entertainment, and education in the middle of Copenhagen
• Astralis Nexus is 1200 sqm with 130 state-of-the-art gaming stations, 3 streaming studios, auditorium, 4 VIP gamer lounges, training facilities for Astralis’ pro teams, an auditorium and 300 sqm merchandise shop.
• Astralis Nexus and 3 will mark the collaboration with a range of activities for gamers, fans and families during the Opening Weekend 4-6 February